NIMCC is a radio control car racing club that races 1/8th scale electric and nitro off-road buggies.
We welcome new racers of all skill levels.
To get started, you will need the following:
- A BRCA membership (for insurance purposes, this is mandatory!)
- A NIMCC club membership (required after your third race)
- A 1/8th scale buggy (electric or nitro)
- A set of tires (suitable for the track surface)
- A lipo battery charging bag (to protect against battery fires)
- A personal transponder (optional, but recommended). Mylaps are compatible with our timing system
Once you have your equipment, you can come to the track for practice or racing. We have practice sessions on request, and races every other Saturday, check the race calendar.
We have a friendly and welcoming community of racers, and we are always happy to help new racers get started. So come on down to the track and give it a try!
Here are some additional tips for getting started:
- Talk to other racers at the track. They can give you advice on equipment, racing techniques, and the rules of the sport.
- Watch videos of RC car racing. This can help you learn the basics of racing and how to set up your car.
- Practice, practice, practice! The more you practice, the better you will become.
- Have fun! RC car racing is a great way to have fun and meet new people.
We hope to see you at the track!